Thursday, January 28, 2010

Christmas Presents for Me !!!

Well ... after a few months in production my 1K Zilla was finally shipped out ...

It was received into Aust Customs 08-Dec but since I was on holidays I was only able to chase it up and get it cleared mid Jan.


Here is what AU$2800 buys you. (Including all freight duty and GST)

Well you also get the Zilla control panel, cables and a manual ... but i've lost them already ... ... ...
Just kidding !!!
My project was pretty much on hold awaiting the controller, so I could verify space requirements, cable lengths etc ...
But now i'm back at it ...
I also visited the Brisbane AEVA monthly meeting held at Albion ... ... There were a few interesting topics covered ... mainly for me the next NCOP14 (code of practise for converting to electric drive) revision, is doing away with the requirement of an in cabin manual cut of the traction pack. Instead you will be able to use low voltage contactors to cut the traction pack power. Good news for me as I didn't really want to install a choke cable to my circuit breakers incase of emergency ... Now I can have a red button which cuts power to any number of contactors in my traction pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment